Version Date: August 1, 2019
- comply with the laws, rules and regulations that a reasonable person ordinarily would when using the internet; and
- keep your account registration password, if any, a secret; and promptly notify LCSI if you learn of a security or data breach related to the lynxcoding.org services.
- In using the lynxcoding.org services, you may not:
- engage, or allow others to engage in, facilitate, or further unlawful conduct;
- use the lynxcoding.org services in an intentionally harmful or disruptive way;
- misrepresent the source of anything you post or upload, including impersonation of another individual or entity;
- use any portion of the lynxcoding.org services as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages;
- publish, post, create, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, pornographic, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful information;
- use the lynxcoding.org services to threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimise or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion; or incite or encourage anyone else to do so;
- upload, or otherwise make available, material protected by intellectual property laws, unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all the necessary consents to do the same, including, but not limited to, copyright or trade mark laws;
- use any automated process or service to access and/or use the lynxcoding.org services (such as techniques like a BOT, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by LCSI or “meta-searching”); use any unauthorised means to modify or re-route, or attempt to modify or re-route, the lynxcoding.org services;
- damage, disable, overburden, or impair the lynxcoding.org services (or the network(s) connected to the lynxcoding.org services) or interfere with anyone’s use and enjoyment of the lynxcoding.org services;
- re-sell or re-distribute the lynxcoding.org services, or any part of the lynxcoding.org services.
- copy, translate or reverse engineer lynxcoding.org services.
In using the lynxcoding.org services:
- you understand that you may create projects that can be published and stored at lynxcoding.org and which you may choose to share with others; and
- you agree that all projects created by you using the lynxcoding.org services are available for others to:
- use without attribution on a non-commercial basis;
- share, copy and redistribute the project in any medium or format on a non-commercial basis;
- adapt, remix, modify, transform and build-upon your project on a non-commercial basis.
In addition, in using the lynxcoding.org services to create projects, you grant LCSI a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual licence for LCSI to use, reproduce, modify, communicate to the public, create derivative works, display, perform, sub-license and distribute the projects in any way that LCSI desires.
How can LCSI change or stop making the lynxcoding.org services available to me and what happens if LCSI does so?
LCSI may change the lynxcoding.org services or delete features and functionality at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
LCSI may stop making all or any part of the lynxcoding.org services available to you with immediate effect and without notice if:
What happens if LCSI cancels the lynxcoding.org services or stops making the lynxcoding.org services available to me?
If LCSI stops making the lynxcoding.org services available to you, any projects you have created on lynxcoding.org services might not be available to you later. You are responsible for taking necessary steps to back up your own data including, but not limited to, downloading your projects to your personal device. You may, however, be asked by LCSI to delete data downloaded by you from the lynxcoding.org services to your personal device(s).
Can a user create and share their own projects?
Yes, you can create projects using the lynxcoding.org services.
Users may choose whether to make such projects Public or keep them Private.
Please note that LCSI is under no obligation to use and/or publish any projects and we may limit the size or quantity of any projects or delete them altogether. LCSI is not responsible for the content of any projects.
LCSI does not permit uploading of images or video via the lynxcoding.org services.
You understand that LCSI does not control or endorse the projects that you and others publish at lynxcoding.org services except for material that we otherwise own and license to you, we do not claim ownership of the projects that you post or provide on the lynxcoding.org services.
Any copyright for a project which is published at lynxcoding.org services belong to the original creator. If the creator is a child then the copyright belongs to that child.
By publishing a project to lynxcoding.org services, you warrant that the project is not subject to any rights of a third party (including without limitation, any copyright, patent or trade mark rights of any person, organization or company).
You also confirm that projects are made in a non-commercial capacity.
Please respect the rights of creators. Content such as code, pictures, text and video may be protected by copyright. You may not share other people’s content unless:
- you own the rights; or
- you have aquired appropriate permissions from the owner; or
- such sharing is otherwise legal.
All content on lynxcoding.org services, save and except projects that users create, is the sole and exclusive © Copyright of Logo Computer Systems Inc. (“LCSI”).
Will LCSI be moderating lynxcoding.org services?
Any projects you make may be moderated by LCSI which means they may be reviewed, edited and/or removed. LCSI makes no guarantee that it will review any or all projects.
Links to third party websites
lynxcoding.org services may contain links to websites. These third party websites are not under the control of LCSI. If LCSI has included these links in lynxcoding.org services, we provide them to you as a convenience only. The inclusion of these links is not an endorsement by LCSI of any third party website, service or product. LCSI reserves the right to disable links to any third party website that you post on the lynxcoding.org services.
How does LCSI use my personal information?
If you give us feedback about lynxcoding.org services, you give LCSI, the right to use and share, without compensation to you, your feedback with other users. LCSI may incorporate said feedback in any future version of lynxcoding.org services. These rights survive after you stop using lynxcoding.org services.
Notices to you
We may provide information to you by email at the email address you chose to give us when you signed up for the lynxcoding.org services. Notices provided to you via email will be deemed given and received on the transmission date of the email.
What are LCSI’s legal obligations to me and how do the terms limit LCSI liability?
LCSI does not guarantee that lynxcoding.org services will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
LCSI reserves its right to modify, suspend or discontinue all or part of lynxcoding.org services without giving you any notice.
Any commentary, opinions or other materials included in lynxcoding.org services are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Types of loss or damage LCSI is not responsible for
LCSI is not responsible for the following kinds of loss or damage which may arise from your use of lynxcoding.org services:
- any loss which is indirect or a side effect of the main loss or damage and which LCSI and you could not anticipate nor expect to happen when you started using lynxcoding.org services, for instance if you lose revenue or salary, profit, opportunity or reputation;
- any loss of data or damage to your device or software;
- any loss or damage because of events beyond LCSI’s control, such as an act of God, accident, fire, lockout, strike or other official or unofficial labour dispute, civil commotion, rule or order or act of Government or other act or event beyond the reasonable control of the LCSI.
LCSI will not be liable to you for any damages related to lynxcoding.org services which arise as a result of: content (including code) on third party internet sites, third party program or third party conduct; viruses or other disabling features that affect your access to or use of lynxcoding.org services; incompatibility between lynxcoding.org services and other services, software and hardware; delays or failures you may have in initiating, conducting or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with lynxcoding.org services in an accurate or timely manner; and claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort.